Being a grown up is busy and exhausting. Getting up super early to go to work, getting off late, then running errands, eating dinner, hanging out with friends, cleaning, etc. etc. will wear you out. And those are light days. The days where you have to do laundry or go to the doctor are even more exhausting.
This last week I was sick and had to go to the doctors and do all sorts of busy things. So Friday was my lazy, stay in night. Awesome awesome awesome!
So here’s my guide to being lazy in the grown up world (because you deserve it sometimes).
- Watch something cool. I stayed in and watched the real cool new show Orange is the New Black on Netflix. I would highly recommend it! Watch a movie or a tv show or anything that you’ve been just planning on watching.
- Don’t clean. Lazy day does not equal cleaning day. Just sit back and relax. Unless cleaning relaxes you. In that case you are going to be a wonderful spouse.
- On a side note, keep your place clean so you can always relax. It takes me an extra two minutes to put away clothes that I decided not to wear. It takes five to do dishes at night. I could wait but if I did it could take well up to an hour and then I’d never get lazy nights.
- Find your comfortable spot. Mine’s my bed. Yours can be the couch, floor, bed, or even the dining room table.
- Turn email off. Or even go as far to turn your phone off. Being disconnected when you are always connected will make you feel better.
- Go to sleep. Lazy days does not mean stay up late. Get to bed at a decent time.
- Do your hobby. Mine is slowly becoming blogging. So nights in are perfect for this.
- And my last piece of advice…don’t work.
I hope you take a lazy night this week and chill out. You deserve it!